HELP My 4 week old chicks act terrified of me!!!

Best treat ever, wet chick crumble! Make a little ball of it and feed by hand every evening before bed. Well I do that. They now come out of the brooder box when I open it and fly up to my shoulder. 😊

Oh I talk to them all the time! Watch their actions when you do! This will tell you what pitch is best and the one that scares them.

Also be consistent and praise when they do what you like or want.
Thank you. I was really concerned yesterday because of the heat but my mom told me to wet their feet so I wet the carpet they are on on the front porch. They got so excited. I was very happy to see them behave in such a sweet way.

Is it possible to post pictures of how you hold them or even a video? I’m having a similar issue with my chicks. A couple of them are more curious. But the others seem terrified. Thanks!
Give me a day or so, and I'll see if I can get my husband to help me make a quick video. I've had others, recently, ask me the same thing. It seriously does work.

I have them outside now and they are starting to calm down quite a bit. Although my touching them still causes a little stir with them but I am so happy to be able to get them to be so much calmer. I would like to let everyone that has given me the information for being so AWESOME. I am greatly appreciative for all of your help. Much love to all

I had the same problem at first but now going on our third round of baby chicks, I don't worry about it. Once they are in the run and see me tending to their needs they will come right up. Now whenever I enter the yard they all stop what they are doing and come see me. Even the ones that were standoffish at first. Don't worry they will come around. Just keep talking to them and let everything happen naturally.

Back
Top Bottom