1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help! My babies keep dying!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ElectricDaisy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ElectricDaisy

ElectricDaisy New Egg

Mar 16, 2009
    I swear my biggest chick is doing something to the others! So originally I got 4 chicks....3 EE and 1 Rhode Island (they were 1-2 weeks old from a feed store.) Temperature in the Brooder is fine, water and food aplenty, etc. 2 days later 2 were dead, just acted listless and then just dead. Then I went to a different feed store, got 2 more and then the same thing...2 more just dead. The funny thing is, the original 2 of the first 4 have become best friends and they are both fine, it's just the 2 replacements that keep dying! Any suggestions about what is going on? It's my first time being a chick Mama and I'm just about ready to give up. My kids don't even want to look at the chicks anymore because the new ones keep dying and we are very suscpicious of the first two! Help.

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Get more chicks, put them in a different brooder. Hope for the best !

3. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    For 8 bucks buy another brooder light and put the other two in their own box for brooding. that should solve whatever mystery is going on....

4. ElectricDaisy

ElectricDaisy New Egg

Mar 16, 2009
    Could she seriously be doing something to them?

5. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Don't give up. Try as suggested. seperate them.
    Good luck!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by