help my baby rj is i’ll!!

chicksonline

Songster
Mar 14, 2017
she’s 2 years old
transylvania naked neck x leghorn
she’s lethargic got a solid crop and breathing weirdly
i don’t think it’s impacted as it’s not big enough but i can feel all the food in it
i’m not sure what to do i’ve tried massaging her crop but i can’t find the blockage!

Attachments

• CA55C830-F8AB-4B31-849A-E85EE02957EA.jpeg
    CA55C830-F8AB-4B31-849A-E85EE02957EA.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 29
How does the crop look and feel first thing in the morning. Crops normally fill up gradually as the day goes on while they eat and drink. If it feels full and firm early AM before she eats and drinks, then it may be impacted. Can you get her drinking some water? Some small chunks of cold coconut oil can be offered for her to peck, and may lube her tubes a bit. After she drinks water, you can carefully massage a firm crop downward to help loosen the contents. What do you feed, and do they have grit available?

How does the crop look and feel first thing in the morning. Crops normally fill up gradually as the day goes on while they eat and drink. If it feels full and firm early AM before she eats and drinks, then it may be impacted. Can you get her drinking some water? Some small chunks of cold coconut oil can be offered for her to peck, and may lube her tubes a bit. After she drinks water, you can carefully massage a firm crop downward to help loosen the contents. What do you feed, and do they have grit available?
1) this was how the crop felt when i found her this morning!
2) i try to get her drinking water but she won’t let me, i’ll try the coconut oil
3) she’s unable to peck though i’ll attach a video
4) i have massaged crop and it won’t budge, they do have oyster shell grit available at all times video here

It might be good to separate her in the shade in a dog crate with water only. That will keep her out of the feed and allow you to grab her to examine her and have her drink. Massage the crop several times a time downward. Do not massage a soft puffy crop. Most chickens will peck at the chilled bits of coconut oil out of curiosity.

It might be good to separate her in the shade in a dog crate with water only. That will keep her out of the feed and allow you to grab her to examine her and have her drink. Massage the crop several times a time downward. Do not massage a soft puffy crop. Most chickens will peck at the chilled bits of coconut oil out of curiosity.
she’s not moving it’s so easy to pick her up, her eyes are closed so she’s not pecking anything

Fed her yoghurt mixed with water, crop feeling a lot better and she has perked up, pray she makes it overnight!

Back
Top Bottom