HELP! MY BANTAM IS SICK!!!

Fwoof

Crowing
Jun 13, 2022
My Sebright/OEGB has been acting really slow today. She walks slow, clucks weaker than usual, and won't run up to me when I shake a bag of mealworms. I gave her an epsom salt bath for about ten minutes, because I heard that it could save a dying chicken.

Anything you say on this thread will be greatly appriciated. I don't want to lose her.
Here's what her poop looks like...
IMG_1031.JPG

Need more information. How old is she? Has she been laying? Have you added any other birds to the flock? What do you feed her? The poop looks kind of bloody so the first thing you'd think would be coccidiosis, but I've never had any adult hen with that as they are generally immune by the time they're about 12 weeks old. Need more information to even venture a real guess.

It cannot hurt to have Corid on hand. It is just concentrated Amprolium, the ingredient in medicated chick starter, and it's fine to eat the eggs while treating if she lays (though I'd treat everyone because it's rare only one has cocci). I've use liquid and powdered, the powder more concentrated than the liquid. You just put it in a one gallon waterer for 5 days or so, fresh every day.
Adding that in lieu of any other guesses, I'd go ahead and treat her and the flock now. She may just be weaker against this than the others so be showing worse symptoms.

Need more information. How old is she? Has she been laying? Have you added any other birds to the flock? What do you feed her? The poop looks kind of bloody so the first thing you'd think would be coccidiosis, but I've never had any adult hen with that as they are generally immune by the time they're about 12 weeks old. Need more information to even venture a real guess.
She is 4 and a half months.
She is not laying eggs yet.
No recent flock members.
Organic soy free corn free non GMO crumbles. (and lots of mealworms)

She is 4 and a half months.
She is not laying eggs yet.
No recent flock members.
Organic soy free corn free non GMO crumbles. (and lots of mealworms)
I'd treat with Corid for coccidiosis, then. I can't really think of anything other than that to explain that very bloody poop. Treat the whole flock. You can eat the eggs while treating, not a problem. It's not an antibiotic.

Back
Top Bottom