Help my Bantam laid one egg

I had a bantam EE that laid one and then had time off also. What type of Bantam is she? Some breeds only lay three a week during longer days which we certainly do not have right now. If she is acting fine chances are she is fine. If she stops eating, becomes lethargic, or depressed looking she could be egg bound. Definately research this topic just in case she needs some help.

Good luck and WELCOME!!!

~Julie

shes fine hun, sometimes the girls lay one day and then don't lay for awhile, give her some time.
smile.png

Thanks she is a amerucana bantam the other one lays an egg each day but she did just one and no more. I had to put two big birds down because they were egg bound they were a cross between a Rhode Island red and a white leghorn. I did not know my bantams where bantham when I bought them, I am very new to this chicken raising but love it.
I will keep an eye on her they are really cute.

Thanks she is a amerucana bantam the other one lays an egg each day but she did just one and no more. I had to put two big birds down because they were egg bound they were a cross between a Rhode Island red and a white leghorn. I did not know my bantams where bantham when I bought them, I am very new to this chicken raising but love it.
I will keep an eye on her they are really cute.

I have 3 bantams 3 dif breeds and they lay when they want some times everyday for several days in a row then none from any for several days. I have 7 large breed birds who I can figure out they're rythme of days on and off but not the bantams no ryhme or reason to them!

Back
Top Bottom