HELP! My chicken has a broken foot!

Chicken no. 5

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 27, 2011
Can someone please help me.

My son stood on his favorite pet chicken & it appears to now have a broken foot.

She seems quite alert & can stand up but she is not using that sore foot at all & it drags behind her. She is eating & drinking well but just can't move around very well. I have checked her leg & all seems good, just like the other one. Her foot is really swollen but dosn't seem to be sore to touch. If I put the foot in the right place under her she will try & hobble around but if she lays down & try's to get back up herself the foot ends up dragging behind her. My son is so upset that he was the won to stand on her & is begging me to fix her up.

Please help. I have read about strapping the leg & foot but with no pictures it is hard to know the correct way to do it. I don't want to hurt her anymore.

Thank you

Hello!

Oh, that was an unfortunate accident! Does the chicken's ankle seem to be broken? Does the foot bend backwards or is it just swollen?

I think that the ankle is broken & the foot does go backwards. This is why I don't really know how to wrap it, no one says much about wrapping the foot to try & stop it facing the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom