HELP!! My chicken has prolapsed!!

Since her prolapse is back in, she should be able to go back out with the flock. Make sure that no one is pecking her since she has been gone a few days.

How many cockerels are there? Can you separate them for a day or two?
their are 2 boys and 4 girls including honey
we could but not easly
my mum read online that after the prolaps goes back in the hen should stay seprate for 48 hours as that is when it is most likly to come back out and that the hens are a problem too as they might peck her botom and cause a problem
is this true

their are 2 boys and 4 girls including honey
we could but not easly
my mum read online that after the prolaps goes back in the hen should stay seprate for 48 hours as that is when it is most likly to come back out and that the hens are a problem too as they might peck her botom and cause a problem
is this true

Your ratio of two males to four females is rather unhealthy for the hens. Do you plan to add more females?
If not, the hens would be better off with just one male or none at all as the constant mating can cause health problems for the few hens.

Some hens can prolapse when passing an egg or when passing droppings. If you are worried, the. You can place her in a wire dog crate inside the coop or run with food and water during the day. But don’t leave her away from rejoining the flock for more than a couple of days, or she might have trouble being bullied. Two roosters are too many for just 4 hens. You can rotate them, but the hens may suffer feather loss the first year from overmating.

Your ratio of two males to four females is rather unhealthy for the hens. Do you plan to add more females?
If not, the hens would be better off with just one male or none at all as the constant mating can cause health problems for the few hens.
Some hens can prolapse when passing an egg or when passing droppings. If you are worried, the. You can place her in a wire dog crate inside the coop or run with food and water during the day. But don’t leave her away from rejoining the flock for more than a couple of days, or she might have trouble being bullied. Two roosters are too many for just 4 hens. You can rotate them, but the hens may suffer feather loss the first year from overmating.
We are planning on getting more girls to even out the ratio
one of the boys was bullied to much when we put him in are boys only group so we put him in with the girls but because he was bullied he is really nice to the girls, he is white i don't know if this made the boys bully him more (he should have been a gold brahma but i like him) and our other boy we wanted with the girls because he is nice to the girls and protects them
i know it is not the best but as i said we are planning on getting more girls
and thank you

Back
Top Bottom