Help! My chicken is sick and not moving

jch5901

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 23, 2013
We have 5 hens and 1 rooster - Dominiques - 1 hen has been sickly for a while but seemed to be doing better. By sickly I mean her coloring - her comb is much paler than the other chickens and her legs are a deeper yellow. We treated them for worms a couple of months ago and she seemed to be better, but today, she sat in the yard and would not move. My husband actually had to mow around her. We are worried and do not want to lose her. Does anyone know what may be wrong or what we can do to treat her?

Is she eating and drinking? How old are they? Could she be egg bound? Are they of laying age? Read through the learning center and try to see if you can find something there. I know this can be stressful on you! Good luck with her. I hope she gets well soon!

I am not sure if she is eating and drinking today although she has been. She is 1-1/2 years old and laying. How do I tell if she is egg bound? Our chickens have free range of our property throughout the day, then we close the coop at night for their safety. Thanks for the input. I will check the learning center further.

Back
Top Bottom