Check her really well for lice/mites. The symptoms you describe sound like she's having some reproductive issues which can be common in laying hens. Peritonitis, cancer, salpingitis, etc. Crop problems usually go hand-in-hand with reproductive issues, so I would try to treat the symptoms and offer supportive care. She may perk up for a while hopefully.
Read this article for treatment of the crop. Usually if they have not been eating well, then treat for sour crop is the best course of action. Of course you can add in the coconut oil per the article, my hens seem to like it. Offer her some wet feed and easy to process treats like scrambled egg or yogurt.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

That is amazing that your Isa Browns are living such a long life. Mine have not been as fortunate. I have one with similar symptoms but these were the same her "sisters" went through right before they passed. This one is 4, I lost one about 6 months ago, and the 1st of the 3 over a year ago. Isa Browns on average live about 2 yrs so any time after that is a bonus. My Isa Browns were given to me along with a brahma. They were my original flock.
I know my girl does not have sour crop as I don't smell anything coming from her breath. I have added oregano oil with electrolytes to her water and offer her fresh. But, she's not been eating and I haven't seen her drink any water today - though I put a few drops on her tongue.
I have not tried coconut oil, but it wouldnt hurt. For me, I've come to accept that she is near the end of her life cycle.
I hope that your girl improves, but I wanted to share my own experience. :hugs
Aw im so sorry to hear that about your girls. I've had many Isa Browns growing up i have three currently and 9 other different breeds. My girl Cottontail is 9 years following her friend Ruby the same age. And my other girl precious who is currently unwell😔 she is about 5-6 Years old. Wish you luck with your girl, maybe your girl could be egg bound? Im also not exactly sure if My chicken has sour crop or an impacted crop. But i have a feeling it could be a crop related issue. She was ok a day ago.

Aw im so sorry to hear that about your girls. I've had many Isa Browns growing up i have three currently and 9 other different breeds. My girl Cottontail is 9 years following her friend Ruby the same age. And my other girl precious who is currently unwell😔 she is about 5-6 Years old. Wish you luck with your girl, maybe your girl could be egg bound? Im also not exactly sure if My chicken has sour crop or an impacted crop. But i have a feeling it could be a crop related issue. She was ok a day ago.
She could have sour crop as that generally becomes an issue when there is an initial primary issue. It won't hurt to treat for sour crop with the coconut oil.
My girl passed on last night. She had not laid an egg for over a year. I'm sure her issue was reproductive, but there wouldn't have been much I could do for her. She went rapidly.
Are you sure you have Isa Browns? Hybrids usually don't lay much after 2 yrs and most of their main issues are reproductive.

She could have sour crop as that generally becomes an issue when there is an initial primary issue. It won't hurt to treat for sour crop with the coconut oil.
My girl passed on last night. She had not laid an egg for over a year. I'm sure her issue was reproductive, but there wouldn't have been much I could do for her. She went rapidly.
Are you sure you have Isa Browns? Hybrids usually don't lay much after 2 yrs and most of their main issues are reproductive.
I also think my girl is very close to passing she's very weak.

I do bealive so? We got them off a farm were there are heaps of Isa browns

Back
Top Bottom