Help! My chickens are bullying another to death!!

IMG_7750.jpg
IMG_7760.jpg
IMG_7752.jpg

First picture is Cinnamon and the second picture is Penny.

Yes her feathers took an extra long time to grow. We talked to Meyer Hatchery and they said that she probably had a feather growing disorder. She is a Black Austrolorp. We have 7 chickens. Two black austrolorps, one New Hampshire Red, one Lavender Orpington, one Buff Orpington, and two Barred Rocks. Their run is 8 by 16 ft. We feed them Purina Organic Layer Crumbles. When it's nice out, We let them free range but she still gets picked on outside. The fenced area we keep them in outside is like a 20ft circle.
I doubt thats true (what Meyer said). Plainly because I never even heard of it before. But I dont know everything, so I may be wrong to assume that.

I will try it. Thank you.
The mounting seems to be odd, but possible. Try to keep them busy with chicken toys or giving them a compost pile to dig through.

Edit: I would separate the bullies for a period of time to see if that gives her time to recover. Make sure to still supply a dust bath even when the bullies are in quarantine (lice and mites may become common in quarantined birds)

I doubt thats true (what Meyer said). Plainly because I never even heard of it before. But I dont know everything, so I may be wrong to assume that.
I'm not sure wether or not it is true, but it does concern me that her feathers wont be grown in for winter. Thank you for helping me with this.

Back
Top Bottom