1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

!!!!HELP!!!! MY CHICKIE IS LIMPING!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chicken Goddess, May 18, 2013.

1. Chicken Goddess

Chicken Goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

PLEASE HELP SOME ONE!! MY CHICKIE HAS A WOUND ON HER FOOT AND IT MAKES HER LIMP. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP![​IMG]

2. missu

missu New Egg

May 10, 2013
    Best to take her aside and wash it off. Dry it off and place her in her own box with news paper, and put some kind of ointment on it to keep away infection (like neosporin).

Is the foot broken or is it just hurt or?

3. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    Look up bumblefoot,might be the problem.

4. Chicken Goddess

I dont really know the cause of the problem. it like one of her scales are loose but its under her foot. her feet ar'nt swollen, shes just limping. Although, she has been digging in the gravel in my backyard, maybe she scratched herself. I DON'T REALLY KNOW?[​IMG]

5. Chicken Goddess

P.S. Her foot isn't broken[​IMG]

6. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    If it doesn't look like bumblefoot,then my guess would be she has cut her foot. Can you see a wound? If she is limping it must bother her.Wash area and see if you can see anything.Watch for infection.

7. twolowinski

twolowinski Just Hatched

Apr 16, 2013
    West Virginia
    Sorry but I can't figure out how to start my own question and I really need some advice. I have 2 northern black ducks about 6 months old and I went out to the coop a couple of hours ago and one of them was limping, really not walking at all. Picked him up and at his "elbow" it is very warm to touch, no swelling, no broken skin nothing. What can I do for my poor Shades??!

8. LOLchick

LOLchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    California
    Go to the top of this page, under the heading "HELP my chicken is limping" on the left hand side is two "buttons'. "Post a reply" and "Start a new thread". Just click the new thread one for your very own question. Hope this helps. Unfortunately can't help with the ducks. Good luck.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  9. Chicken Goddess

I can see the wound. my mum held her and i tryed picking it off thinking it was just a prickle, then my chickie pulls away her leg as if its hurting her. [​IMG]

Thanks for the replys, I really appreciate it. ill try washing her foot with some betadine and see if stops infections. [​IMG]

Although, her wound wasn't bleeding, I didn't see any blood around the place? [​IMG]

10. Chicken Goddess

Just looked at pictures of bumble foot and it is DEFINATELY not that disease! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by