!!!!HELP!!!! MY CHICKIE IS LIMPING!

Chicken Goddess

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 24, 2012
Cluckingham Palace, Australia
PLEASE HELP SOME ONE!! MY CHICKIE HAS A WOUND ON HER FOOT AND IT MAKES HER LIMP. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!
sad.png

Best to take her aside and wash it off. Dry it off and place her in her own box with news paper, and put some kind of ointment on it to keep away infection (like neosporin).

Is the foot broken or is it just hurt or?

I dont really know the cause of the problem. it like one of her scales are loose but its under her foot. her feet ar'nt swollen, shes just limping. Although, she has been digging in the gravel in my backyard, maybe she scratched herself. I DON'T REALLY KNOW?
idunno.gif

If it doesn't look like bumblefoot,then my guess would be she has cut her foot. Can you see a wound? If she is limping it must bother her.Wash area and see if you can see anything.Watch for infection.

Sorry but I can't figure out how to start my own question and I really need some advice. I have 2 northern black ducks about 6 months old and I went out to the coop a couple of hours ago and one of them was limping, really not walking at all. Picked him up and at his "elbow" it is very warm to touch, no swelling, no broken skin nothing. What can I do for my poor Shades??!

Go to the top of this page, under the heading "HELP my chicken is limping" on the left hand side is two "buttons'. "Post a reply" and "Start a new thread". Just click the new thread one for your very own question. Hope this helps. Unfortunately can't help with the ducks. Good luck.

Last edited:
I can see the wound. my mum held her and i tryed picking it off thinking it was just a prickle, then my chickie pulls away her leg as if its hurting her.
hit.gif

Thanks for the replys, I really appreciate it. ill try washing her foot with some betadine and see if stops infections.
big_smile.png

Although, her wound wasn't bleeding, I didn't see any blood around the place?
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom