HELP! MY CHICKY!!!

Ms~Silkie~Girl

Songster
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
New York STATE
My baby chick who is a couple days old (maybe 5?) [but i just got it yesterday] i don't know what is wrong. My chick has been very lazy or sick. She lays around most of the day and the only time she gets up is if another chick steps on her or if she feel likes it, and when she stands up she kind of wobbles. What is wrong??!!! Is she sick or just lazy, what is going on???

Thanks for your help!

~Trista~
jumpy.gif

See if you can get it to drink some water with vitamins in it, or at least sugar water. The stress from shipping is really hard on the little ones. You have to get it to drink and eat. Good Luck.

Sorry to hear that. I had several pass away like that. I just didn't want to tell you that right away. It's hard to see, but there really was nothing more you could do.

I am sorry for your loss. I recently read an article on the net about people who call the "Chicken Whisperer" (google it) and are desperate for help w/ sick chickens. He was matter of fact that these things happen though not in a cold way. More to the point that sometimes we can do everything right and everything we can and we still experience losses and they are losses.
I personally never want to believe it will happen to me. Yet here I am after having these chicks for two weeks going through it. I just keep laying there telling my self he is right and it's not my fault.
Take heart at least we care for our animals the best we can. Even if sometimes it is only for a short time. Not only that there are a whole bunch of chicken people on this site who are caring for them too. That's pretty cool I think.
Rancher Hicks

I'm sorry! {{{hug}}} I had a 7-day-old baby pass away today, too.
sad.png
I cried! It's true that sometimes there is just nothing you can do, and you can't punish yourself for that. It doesn't make it any less sad, though.

i know it's not my fault and that one looked sick from the start, and right when i had a feeling one of my chickens died my dad came upstairs and said another chick passed away. That night i was gonna have my dad dip her beak in the water cause i didnt want to hurt her. It was sad because i was hoping she would live. But i know that I tried to keep her alive but she was sick. I am very sad, but it happens. Then this morning another chick died and i didn't see it coming at all!!! Sad sad sad.

Thanks you guys! you made me feel a lot better!!!! : )
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom