Help! My coop is stuck

I think the above post should work for you but you may need iron pipe atleast 6 ft. long instead of PVC. Can you round up 4-6 strong guys to move it in exchange for a good home cooked meal?

if you can lift one side up off the ground I have a suggestion...if you use a couple sheets of plywood lay one down under the coop, then place the next sheet beside it in the direction that you want to go. On top of the plywood place some long pieces of 1 1/2" or 2" PVC pipe. Once you get the coop on top you should be able to roll it by moving the PVC pipes and Plywood in front of it as you go....just a thought! That is how the Hot Tub company brought our hot tub up onto our deck....just 2 guys...it looked real easy

You could even use ur lawn tractor to pull it . Use a truck dolly like they move refrigerators to lift one corner at a time to slide the PVC under.use 3 pieces of PVC so there's always 2pieces under the slides.

Isn't there a farmer arround you? Maybe asking him to help, he will surely have the right equipment to help you out. That would be faster and cheaper than all other things. Only other possibility is gooing to the local gym, look for 8/10 strong guy's inviting them at your house and buy some crates of beer......

You need about 6 people, and 2 large hand trucks with pneumatic tires.

Use a handtruck on each end to lift it.
You might need to cut some boards to hold the handtrucks at the right angle to keep it off the ground and keep the weight mostly on the wheels.

The other four can push while the two on the handtruck try to steer.

No matter how you do it , the MUD is going to be a problem

If you have problems lifting it high enough, use your car jack to raise it

Last edited:
Well we have my boyfriend and his 2 cousins living next to us. Though one of them I really don't want to ask, he makes fun of me keeping chickens. No fresh eggs for him this year lol Nah they will probably help if I ask. Maybe my friends husband will help so that's 4 plus myself. Now I just have to wait for the ground to dry a bit more. I can't go looking for eggs without sinking in about 2 inches and getting mud in my shoe, we won't even get traction in that mess to push the coop with. Hmm this would be a good reason to get a pony for extra pulling power, but I would never hear the end of it and I don't think my trainer will let me borrow one of her champion saddlebred horses lol

Of course your going to have to cool your jets until it stops raining and dries out some. Can you use pulley's and such to get leverage to move it? Do you have a tree or something to help? they have portable hydraulic lifts that you could lift it onto something with wheels. Maybe you could call a rental place for something like that. There has to be a way to get it done.

No big enough trees until you get to the back of the property and I'm not sure if we have any hydraulic lifts, but who knows what grandpa has hidden in the garage, it seems to be the bottomless pit of surprise items.

I had a big shed moved using a roll back wrecker. I knew the driver and was going to pay him and he asked if I had insurance on the truck in the driveway, so he took my proof of insurance and wrote down the numbers and charged me with road side assistance.

Lay down plywood and roll it on the pvc pipe. I've done it 50 times with 2 pieces of 3 inch pipe I've moved this play house by myself.

good luck
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom