HELP my Crevecoeur SICK

Jenni56

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 23, 2013
Pocono's Pa
My roo is very sick and lethargic. Just stands in the corner of the run, he's only about 4 months old. Not sure on what to do, can any one HELP PLEASE. I'm going to get him yogurt to see if that helps.

Are there any bloody droppings, and is he sleepy/ruffled?The symptoms that you describe seem to be consistent with Coccidiosis, which often affects young chickens, though it can really affect birds of all ages. It causes droopiness, lethargy, ruffled feathers, sleepiness, unthriftiness, lack of appetite, and sometimes bloody droppings. I'd get some Corid (either powder of liquid) and start treatment.

The dosage for Corid liquid is 2 teaspoons per gallon of water, and the dosage for the stronger powder is (I believe) about 3/4 teaspoon per gallon of water. Give Corid for five days. While giving it, don't give vitamins or dairy products.

He could also have worms, as they can cause lethargy. If the Corid doesn't help (if its working, you'll see improvement in three days or so), worm him. Get some Safeguard or Valbazen dewormer, as they are good broad spectrum dewormers.

Thank You for answering. There is no bloody pooh, it's just watery. It's hard to get him to eat, he will drink but not much. I've been giving all of them yogurt with medicated feed fixed in it. It has Amprolium in it. I have also been giving them Electrolyte in water. I will go buy the Corid, if you believe it will help. I do not see any worms in his pooh either. This is weird but I watch him when he goes and run to check it. Usually it's just water shooting out his butt.
Should I keep him away from my other birds?

Thank You for answering. There is no bloody pooh, it's just watery. It's hard to get him to eat, he will drink but not much. I've been giving all of them yogurt with medicated feed fixed in it. It has Amprolium in it. I have also been giving them Electrolyte in water. I will go buy the Corid, if you believe it will help. I do not see any worms in his pooh either. This is weird but I watch him when he goes and run to check it. Usually it's just water shooting out his butt.
Should I keep him away from my other birds?

Check his crop for any crop issues like an impact or sour crop.

I've been checking his crop. He don't seem to have a problem with that. No hard lumps or mushy ones. His breath does not smell sour. I guess now it's just a waiting game.

Back
Top Bottom