HELP! My duck has BRIGHT green watery diarrhea!!!!

I would not use Epsom salt - molasses, might be better if you want a flush - I would be more concerned about dehydration.

In fact, I was wondering if a charcoal slurry might help at this point.

This is her

Don't have access to charcoal here it's a prescribed medication ! I tried molasses last night but she didn't drink much of that and I was afraid to force it

Strange - here, activated charcoal is a dietary supplement sold over the counter.

I make my own by grinding up clean hardwood charcoal very fine. I do not burn anything other than clean material - nothing painted, or treated.

How is her coordination?

All of these appear to be symptoms of Pasteurella.

Her gait is fine! No wobbles, I had her to the vet last week as in the end of March (31) and she had shots for low calcium with her egg laying. They thought she may have been bound but after the shots of calcium she came right around! She stopped wobbling around and was walking normal and acting normal.Then within 2 days she stopped eating and now this. She is still walking ok just not eating (except small bits of fruit now) she will not even look at her new pellets! It's a brand new bag, but she will drink and drink !

Last edited:
Her gait is fine! No wobbles, I had her to the vet last week as in the end of March (31) and she had shots for low calcium with her egg laying. They thought she may have been bound but after the shots of calcium she came right around! She stopped wobbling around and was walking normal and acting normal.Then within 2 days she stopped eating and now this. She is still walking ok just not eating (except small bits of fruit now) she will not even look at her new pellets! It's a brand new bag, but she will drink and drink !

So difficult to sort it out sometimes. I hope the vet will answer a few questions over the phone...perhaps just check her fecal sample...
hugs.gif

My duck is having the same problem. She was fine Sunday night. Monday she was acting odd. I was treating her for bumblefoot. But she’s had constant green diarrhea and getting weaker and skinnier by the day. I tried a mixture of pedialyte and B Complex. She’s been drinking and it looks like she’s eating her mealworms and I gave her some watermelon. I don’t know what to do more either and the bird vets in my area are booked out for weeks

Can you please tell Me what the outcome of this was? My girl is experiencing the same right now…

Back
Top Bottom