Help! My duck is depressed

Deanee99

Hatching
Aug 16, 2023
My duck who happens to be 12 years old is currently depressed. He has lost his best friend who he grew up with to a fox unfortunately and I’m truly saddened to what I saw in my back garden last week.

Since then, my other duck is depressed. I know this as he has gone and hid himself in some thorn bushes and won’t ever come out! Not even to eat! Please help with any advice. I was wondering about getting another couple of ducks to keep him company? If so can I get a duck from a different breed as mine is a Duclair and rare in my area to get hold of.
Please anyone with any advise please do let me know I’m so sad for him :(

At 12yrs old I would go for an older couple of ducks. I would also not let him stay out overnight in the thorn bush and fox can easily get to him. I am so sorry for your loss. I have 3 Muscovy who are 12 yrs old and I know my drake would be heart broken if he lost either since they all grew up together.

At 12yrs old I would go for an older couple of ducks. I would also not let him stay out overnight in the thorn bush and fox can easily get to him. I am so sorry for your loss. I have 3 Muscovy who are 12 yrs old and I know my drake would be heart broken if he lost either since they all grew up together.
I agree maybe go for some 4yo to 10 yo ducks for him

POOR THING!!!! I love ducks and can't stand when one is unhappy. Maybe buy a giant kiddie pool and fill it with lettuce, and set him in there with another duck to play??? I don't know if it will work for you, but it worked for one of my ducks.

Back
Top Bottom