help my duck won't eat!

jcquincyduck

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
so I went to the beach this week for 2 days came back in the afternoon on the third day. we left my brother in charge of my duck to let him in his house at night and out in the morning. when we got back we realized my brother forgot to put my ducks food in his pen. so he hasn't eaten in 2 and half days.my duck seems like he lost some weight, he is so much lighter than before. now when I gave my duck the food he ate it right up and then drank some water but after a little while he threw up all of his food. now he won't eat anything because he just throws it back up. help! I don't know what to do!!

Have you tried the vet?
hmm.png

What happened to my post??

According to this site,

http://www.urbanwildlifesociety.org/WLR/Emaciation.html

The first eight hours, only give water with some electrolytes. If you don't have electrolyte powder, put a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a quart of water. Encourage him to drink.

After that, some Ensure or similar high-nutrient, liquid, easy to digest food for a few days (see the site link).

If you know how much the duck weighs, you can calculate how many calories to give. The formula is on that web page.

Calling a vet is best - I understand sometimes it doesn't work.

thanks so much everyone he seemed to do so much better just the next day. and now after about a week he is great! :)

there he is all healthy (he heard a siren and was listening to it haha)

Back
Top Bottom