help my duck

Jul 24, 2020
NY
daffy needs your help her wing looks like feathers broke off and her back is red I started to apply poultry wound spray I need advice

ps daffy and daisy are 2 adult female Pekin ducks

daisy has been laying an egg day and that together got us like five eggs whereas daffy laid an egg double yolk and then like a week later another double and then the other day another double and today a normal egg we finally found a vet for her and she goes on Monday I wish we didn't have to separate them cause daisy will be home alone for maby an hour without daffy and daffy will be at the scary vet without her sis i hope all goes well

For clarification, why are you taking her to a vet?

its two female I got 2 weeks ago and they're not picking on each other cause when they are separated for 1 minute they act like they haven't seen each other in years no I didn't check for mites

they are both girls and eat a mix of all flock and cracked corn oh and I have had them for 2 weeks

Feather issues can arise when there is a nutrition deficit in the diet. By providing cracked corn in the feed you're effectively diluting down that amount of nutrients there getting. I would feed solely all flock, and maybe start offering greens. If you received them two weeks ago it's possible the previous owner had drakes and created the damage you see. Hopefully, with time it should resolve itself.

Back
Top Bottom