Help...my ducklings face is still swollen by it’s bill

The picture with the two arrows pointing her was the day we got her standing next to one that was in the same batch, the second picture of her is one week later and she’s still so much smaller than them. Her color is different than all of the others too. Her’s is really light brown where the others were black. So I am not sure what her breed is exactly. She eats really good, and drinks good too.
Chicken water fonts are for Chickens ..Not suitable for Ducks..

Chicken water fonts are for Chickens ..Not suitable for Ducks..
She used that for only a couple of days then I switched them to a different Tupperware container so they all could dip their heads. I did let them play in their little tub (cat litter pan) everyday too. I am new to all of this, I've never had ducks before so I am still learning. So I will take all of the tips and tricks that you have.

She used that for only a couple of days then I switched them to a different Tupperware container so they all could dip their heads. I did let them play in their little tub (cat litter pan) everyday too. I am new to all of this, I've never had ducks before so I am still learning. So I will take all of the tips and tricks that you have.
Perfect...I wish you luck..

It’s inside her skin so to speak, I’ve felt it and it doesn’t move or anything like that. She acts perfectly fine but sometimes she feels a bit warm, but I only pretty much hold her so I don’t know how warm the others are. She runs with the other ducklings and she eats and drinks good, she dips her head in the water too. She just scratches it a lot though when she’s done out of the water.

If your duckling is otherwise fine, I would leave it be and see what happens. If the bill looks puffy near the nostrils and you can see discharge then I would suspect sinus infection. It could be stuck feed as previously mentioned or it could be a benign fatty deposit below the skin. If it is inflammation it should get worse or better. If worse, then perhaps some antibiotics may be the answer.

Not sure this will help but I would just keep monitoring and watch feed/water consumption closely.

If your duckling is otherwise fine, I would leave it be and see what happens. If the bill looks puffy near the nostrils and you can see discharge then I would suspect sinus infection. It could be stuck feed as previously mentioned or it could be a benign fatty deposit below the skin. If it is inflammation it should get worse or better. If worse, then perhaps some antibiotics may be the answer.

Not sure this will help but I would just keep monitoring and watch feed/water consumption closely.

She seems to be fine, she sometimes gets a runny nose but only after she's been playing in the water, other than that there isn't any drainage. Thank you for your help, I will definitely keep my eye on her! I will update how she is Friday.

Back
Top Bottom