Help my ducks are dieing!

Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to make an accurate diagnosis of what their problem might be over the internet; your best bet would be contacting a veterinary necropsy lab, and sending one of their bodies there for examination, and testing.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-to-send-a-bird-for-a-necropsy-pictures.799747/

A good majority of times when multiple birds are being infected there is some sort of an environmental problem, such as moldy feed, rotten carcass, or bacterial infested water contaminating all the birds. It would be good to check over your coop, and pen for anything the birds may be eating or drinking that could cause problems.

Bacterial diseases such as Fowl cholera, caused by the bacterium Pasteurella multocida, can cause discharge from the eyes, lethargy, and often death 6-12 hours after symptoms are first noted. During these times, practice strict hygiene in the coop, ensuring there is no fecal accumulation in the pen or dust that can then spread via airways to other birds. Disinfecting their waterer, and feeders may be a precautious measure as well. Hopefully, you can get this solved.

https://www.merckvetmanual.com/poul...a is a contagious,it can also be asymptomatic.

Hello everyone

I had a flock of 13 ducks but yesterday night some seemed off I didn't think anything of it but the next morning two were dead and two were very lethargic and one other was just acting off. I tried giving them food and water the really sick ones just sat there (they died within 2 hours after) the third duck would drink and eat but died only 6 hours later. I'm worried that they have a disease or something and I feel like a couple other ducks are starting to act slightly off and don't know how to help them. I don't have any poultry vets within 5 hours of where I live and can't seek help that way. but if anyone can help hear are some of the symptoms I have seen, have trouble walking or are off balance, have something like white foam kind of around their eye, And they die very quickly after showing symptoms. I know it's not much but I need help any would be appreciated,I love my ducks and fear I may lose my entire flock

I was just thinking about this post and was wondering how your babies are doing? Please post an update. I hope the rest are okay!

I was just thinking about this post and was wondering how your babies are doing? Please post an update. I hope the rest are okay!
Hey so i lost two more a couple days ago but I think I have it under control now, I have one that is still acting kind of weird but I have it quarantined away from the rest of my flock and taking special care of it. Fingers crossed everything gets better 😬

Hey so i lost two more a couple days ago but I think I have it under control now, I have one that is still acting kind of weird but I have it quarantined away from the rest of my flock and taking special care of it. Fingers crossed everything gets better 😬
So glad to hear it!! I just don’t know what I’d do if I lost my girls! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom