help! my favorite pullet my be a Rooster. some please tell me

Yes I would want to keep him but I don't want the noise to draw in predators also no baby chicks. I just want to keep four hens. So this is going to be a hard decision.
1f629.png

Yes I would want to keep him but I don't want the noise to draw in predators also no baby chicks. I just want to keep four hens. So this is going to be a hard decision.
1f629.png

A rooster's crow will not draw in predators. They will know where your birds are whether or not you keep him so make sure you have a secure coop. If you don't want chicks then collect eggs daily.

A rooster's crow will not draw in predators. They will know where your birds are whether or not you keep him so make sure you have a secure coop. If you don't want chicks then collect eggs daily.
X 2 - believe me, the predators in your vicinity know your birds are there, crowing or not. A rooster does not mean you have to hatch chicks. If you collect your eggs daily your hens will not have the chance to incubate and hatch them (if they go broody).

So I guess I got a lot to learn about the the Rooster and hen process. So if I collect the eggs daily the rooster won't get a chance to fertilize the eggs.

Thank you this is all so new to me. But then again it looks like I don't know the birds and bees lol
1f601.png

You can go On mypetchicken.com and buy the no-crow rooster collar, it makes their crowing quieter, never had one myself but I have 15 roosters and crowing does not bother me

Back
Top Bottom