Help my guess my dog's true breed?

carolinagirl58

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Lugoff, SC
This is my sweet little dog, Dumpling. We call her Dumpy....lol. Anyway, I bought her a long time ago as a long coated chihuahua. It's pretty obvious she has someting else mixed in but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. She weighs 8 pounds and has a very soft longish coat that has a slight wave to it and she has a lighter undercoat. She has the most beautiful eyeliner. Her ears are smaller than a chihuahua and don't stand....they never even tried to when she was little. I think she is a beauful little dog and has a wonnderful personality. It really doesn't matter what she is a cross of, but I am really curious about it. Not going to bother with that DNA stuff becaue it's not very accurate anyway. Dumpy will be 11 in a couple of months. She doesn't even have any gray hairs yet! So please....take a guess. I'd love to hear your opinions!

I thought about that, but they have even bigger ears than chihuahuas do so that would not explain her smaller sized ears. I could be wrong though. Maybe some of the board's papillon owners can help out with this?

Last edited:
Thanks. She still acts like a young dog too. Even her eyes are still clear. Everyone who meets this little dog want to take her home. And she's the perfect little farm dog too.

I'll second the papillon suggestion, she has a papi's face. We have one (poorly bred, mind you) and his ears are floppy and not as big as they should be. The chihuahua in her could be keeping the ears small too.

She's is adorable!
love.gif

Sooo cute. What a sweety face.
My first guess was Pappillan (sp?) too, Coloration could maybe be Yorkie mix? Just a guess.
I have a little rescue dog that was supposedly long haired chihuahua, but I believe is a mix too.
I'll try to put a pic of him. Unknown age but about 8 lbs. too. His name is Scruffy-dude.

I just googled papillion and found a great site.....I always thought my little dog was just a tricolor. Now I know she is what's called a hound tricolor because of the tan on her face. At any rate, I looked at the dogs on this site and I see it now...I do believe she does have some papillion in her. No other breed looks as close. I doubt she has any terrier....her coat is very soft.

http://www.letitpapillons.com/info/colors/tricolor.htm

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom