help my hen is freakin out

BigRednRock

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
her one baby was just killed by our neighbors dog. she's attacking me and all of my chickens. is there anything i can do

Sorry to read that. She has a right to be upset.

Is she kept in a coop over night? It's probably better to confine her to prevent attacks by or injury to her. In 3 or 4 days she will forget and calm done. If you can't catch her any other way, use a fishing net on a long pole to pin her down and then put an arm around her body and grab her feet.

Jeez, I hate dogs. There are just two types. Small ones that are no good to eat and big ones that kill.

Poor girl
Hope you can get her separated long enough for her to forget
fl.gif

she's been penned up to keep her from hurting herself and myother birds but she's still ticked off at me. she doesn't attack anyone else when we go in to feed and water her...dunno if she can be helped

we haven't been able to fnd a poult for her, but my Tom jumped on her last night so she might lay again.

i would take her away from the flock for a little bit then put her back and see how she is with the flock.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Ignorant about dogs eh?

I'm not an expert but I'm not totally ignorant about them either. They can pass on diseases to children, they kill children, they attack adults and livestock on farms and in private gardens, they crap everywhere, they have sex with your leg, they lick you with their filthy tongues. I could add to the list but you can see how I feel about the nasty creatures.
wink.png

Quote:
Ignorant about dogs eh?

I'm not an expert but I'm not totally ignorant about them either. They can pass on diseases to children, they kill children, they attack adults and livestock on farms and in private gardens, they crap everywhere, they have sex with your leg, they lick you with their filthy tongues. I could add to the list but you can see how I feel about the nasty creatures.
wink.png

Well if we're painting with a broad brush then.... humans pass on diseases to children, they kill children, they attack women and shoot livestock on farms and in private gardens, they crap everywhere (I own a small store and can attest to this), they rape, they belittle you you with their filthy mouths. I could add to the list but you can see how I feel about the nasty creatures.

Back
Top Bottom