Help! My husband spread Triazicide

Alissap618

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2022
Hello-

I have 8 chickens that are 7 weeks old. My husband spread triazicide in our yard. The chickens are in their coop/run majority of the time currently, but I do let them out to free range with supervision multiple times per day. How long do I need to wait before they can go back where he spread the triazicide? Obviously he will never spread again, but I am looking for the best things to do in the time being to keep my babies safe!

Your babies are young.. what size is your run?? I'd want to keep them in for a few weeks myself.. did he use spray or granulars? Not only the poison but the poisoned bugs may be a problem. Offer them boredom buster in their run in the meantime, just to take the edge off if need be. I'm not looking at the package but prepare for a few weeks.

Your babies are young.. what size is your run?? I'd want to keep them in for a few weeks myself.. did he use spray or granulars? Not only the poison but the poisoned bugs may be a problem. Offer them boredom buster in their run in the meantime, just to take the edge off if need be. I'm not looking at the package but prepare for a few weeks.
Their run is 10 foot by 7 foot.

I called the company they had no information to provide.
Well, I am speaking to when we had pro bug people spray the perimeter of my next-door aunties homes. We don't have a fence between our yards so my chooks wander freely. They said it was pet friendly. I kept my birds in for a few day but noticed when they ate dead bugs they got sick. So, just be careful ♡♡♡

Triazicide is definitely not one of the "safe for pets," type of bug killers. I'd ask your vet when it would be safe to let them on it. What was he trying to kill anyway? Chickens would eat most bugs that stuff goes after.... :idunno
I honestly don't think the "safe for pets" felt all that safe either... and again, it was the dead bugs that they found- We are tropics so no shortage of bugs lol -anywho, a few chooks must have found a few dead bugs and were off for a few days and I was worried. So, now if and when she treats I keep chooks in or let them in my garden area.

Back
Top Bottom