Help my muscovy duck is not acting herself

You mentioned molt do you think the missing feathers is molt? What part of the world are you in? Asking because my Muscovy molt where they lose wing and tail feathers in Fall of the year. Other times its just light molt. Do you notice any injury to her face flesh? Monitoring her eating and drinking and pooping should be done now. Can you bring her inside?
Could she be hiding because the hens or rooster is picking on her? I know you said she has been with them since she was 4 months old but if she acts afraid of them they may take advantage of that.

Last edited:
I live in australia so summer at the moment, shes not in molt as when ever she goes bold, no she dosemt seem to have any injuries to her face other then her red mask seeming to start wrinkeling, shes eating alright but hasnt properaly pooed in a couple days, its been more small and less waterey then userall.

I cant bring her inside because i have cats that would takes chucks out of her in 3 seconds
She also panics being away from other birds

Have you checked for pests? Can you take a pic of her face? From the one pic, her caruncles look bright and healthy.
Have you felt her abdomen? Checked her legs? What color of poo?
I will take a pic of her face if i can catch her, her abdomen feels fine, her legs look good and her poo is browny green, could it be to do with her diet?

I'd be concerned that another bird/birds in the flock are picking on her.
No flock mates seem to be picking on her cause they all get along during the day and once in the house, she seems worst at night,
I dont know whats causeing it but it cant be me i raised her since an egg

Back
Top Bottom