Help my muscovy duck is not acting herself

Daisy1702

Chirping
Feb 24, 2022
I think something is wrong with louie šŸ˜¦ she wasnt in the chook house when i went to put them away, she was cowering in a corner underneath the chook house, all her feathers were ruffled, she was being very vocal which isn't like her unless there is food, we couldnt get within 2m of her without her running as fast as she could to the other side of the chook yard, she seemed uncoordinated as she fell over 5 times, when we grabbed her after 10 mins of trying just to push her towards the chook house she got into a top nesting box and fell straight out, hitting her head on the ladders we have in there (and our nesting boxes have little barriers so eggs dont roll out) and then she moved quite quickly to a lower nesting box and squeezed herself as much as she could into the corner šŸ˜­šŸ„ŗšŸ˜°

She's a 1 year old muscovy duck

I believe I'd fix her a quiet place inside your home so you can keep an eye on her. Make sure she is eating and drinking and keep watch on her pooping. Speaking of pooping posting a picture of her and another of some of her poops. Plus if she is not feeling well keeping her warm can help.
@Daisy1702

I live in australia so summer at the moment, shes not in molt as when ever she goes bold, no she dosemt seem to have any injuries to her face other then her red mask seeming to start wrinkeling, shes eating alright but hasnt properaly pooed in a couple days, its been more small and less waterey then userall.

I cant bring her inside because i have cats that would takes chucks out of her in 3 seconds
She also panics being away from other birds

No flock mates seem to be picking on her cause they all get along during the day and once in the house, she seems worst at night,
I dont know whats causeing it but it cant be me i raised her since an egg
Are you able to peak into the duck house after they are put away? I see all sorts of shenanigans going on in the evening. But, I also have a camera in the coop area and can see things that occur during the day too.
Also, it really doesn't matter if you raised them or not, ducks can be flighty any time they feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom