Help my muscovy duck is not acting herself

No flock mates seem to be picking on her cause they all get along during the day and once in the house, she seems worst at night,
I dont know whats causeing it but it cant be me i raised her since an egg
Are you able to peak into the duck house after they are put away? I see all sorts of shenanigans going on in the evening. But, I also have a camera in the coop area and can see things that occur during the day too.
Also, it really doesn't matter if you raised them or not, ducks can be flighty any time they feel like it.

What is she fed? I'm just guessing it's not diet unless she ate something toxic or has ingested metal.
Shes gettingh red hen chook feed as she is the only duck as she lost her duck flock Mates to dogs last year, she also gets food scraps so things like bread pasta vegetables

This may be a predator issue and with her not roosting she is a target. Rats, weasel, snake or something else. The only way your going to know is to put a camera in. You can buy really cheap ones these days. I saw a scovy pic once fighting off an eagle so maybe she is still alive because she has fought something off. No way to know for sure though without a pic to see. You may be surprised what is lurking around at night. Even humans.

I do know we have feild mice and rats but shes never not gon to the house at night she normally goes into the chook house but for some reason shes sitting in the open just waiting to be taken by somthing until itoves then she panics, and has lack of coordination

Shes gettingh red hen chook feed as she is the only duck as she lost her duck flock Mates to dogs last year, she also gets food scraps so things like bread pasta vegetables
So, she doesn't have any ducks to hang with? That could be part of the issue. Sorry, I might have missed that when reading.
I'm just really wondering if it is roost and coop issues. Chickens are funny too - currently I have one that is not allowed to roost with the others. The top hen and rooster dictate that.

Back
Top Bottom