Help my neighbor's dogs just killed my duck

Not that I blame the dogs. The owners are truely at fault. The dogs are victims also.
I know. That's what I especially hate about this. I don't want anymore animals to die because of these stupid neighbors. I don't blame the dogs for wanting to escape. The owners never walk them, or exercise them, or even play with them.

And there are people like me that does all she can for her animals and have people report her for a dog she can't get to gain an ounce. Just peeves. Not my current dog, one I had Years ago. You could see his ribs. We fed him every single thing that is suppose to make a dog fat. He was tested out the you know what and still could not figure it out. Got him Neutered. Gave him rather expensive all natural foods. had him tested for everything we could think of. Fed him three times what it said on the bag of kibble. 3 big cans of food a day. Never got weight on him. Finally I rehomed him. He gained 10 lbs eating table scraps. LMAO

I my self have had a similar problem Miss Lydia. I have 21 acres with cattle, goats, pigs, chickens, ducks and 1 dog. The dog on a runner and when off does not cross the property line. The cattle in a pasture (get through the gates), the goats in an adequate penned area (pushed up the base of the fence wire), and the pigs in a secure pig pen( dug into the pen). The bunny in an elevated club house ( chewed through the bottom) and the Chickens are in a coupe that has barbed wire 3 inches under the dirt, on the surface of the dirt and 4 inches off the ground attached chicken mesh (didn't phase the dogs). My neighbor has 5 acres, 23 dogs and does not care. I could understand if he was a Breeder, but he has Chocolate lab, golden shepherd, 4 beagles, cocker spaniel, some little barking A** white curly haired thing, a grey mangy mutt, a Yorkshire ........the list goes on. I actually had one of those dogs come down and crap on my tractor battery that was sitting on the ground attached to the charger. I have had animal control literally come to my gate asking if I have seen this dog or that one ore even which ever on several occasions. His dogs attacked my restrained dog and animal control did nothing. I watched His Golden Shepherd eat the ducks from my pond and had the dog owner tell me that it was my fault for owning ducks. Animal control did nothing. My dog made the mistake one day, while off the runner, to follow me to the bus stop. This neighbor called animal control because my dog went 10 foot in his front yard and I had to watch them take my dog to Jail. and I had to pay 150.00 to get him out. even with all the proper paperwork.
This being said, Check your County Animal Control Ordinances. Mine states that nuance dogs can be STOPPED if posing a threat to your persons, livestock and pets. It is illegal for your neighbors dog or cat to defecate on your property or any thing there on.
I do not condone, but if all the raccoons are eating your corn crop, what do you do? Enough is enough, it is costing money on your behalf and I know that my neighbor will not agree to pay $2,500 to rplace a Bull with a broken leg because his dogs are not restrained.
Like I said Check the local Animal Control Ordinances on Dogs.
If Animal control will not respond you may have to " Take the bull by the horns" so to speak.
Good luck and Blessed Be you.

I too have had dog related animal deaths. It was my mother's lab mix, very sweet, but one day my mom let her out before she went to take a shower (am4:30 in the morning ) and came out side to leave (am 5:20) and she killed all the birds. All our ducks, including some young ducklings,our frizzle hen with all five of her babies (leaving our frizzle rooster. they where A pair )
My young Polish chickens ( all in the awkward stage), my crested ducks,shaniqa and halffrow and a number of others. She had to go to the shelter (a no kill shelter ) because This was not the first time she had done that, just not in this magnitude, so she had to go. It was out of jealousy my mom didn't have enough time for her all the time. Now we have gotten back on track 6 full grown ducks, eight incubating duck eggs, eleven chickens and one rabbit. We only have four dogs now all well behaved, except one blind bull dog who knows she will get hurt if she even comes close to them. I'm done with my rant now :)

Back
Top Bottom