HELP .....My new rooster.

He looks like a Leghorn. I was doing some research on the eye issue and it could be a symptom of swollen sinuses indicating a respiratory infection. Keep an ear out for sneezing and keep him well isolated from the rest of your flock. He may have had this when he left his old place or the stress of traveling could have brought it on. How long had he been in transport? If it is respiratory and not just local swelling you'll need to get some antibiotics in him but I would observe him for now and keep separated. I'm wondering how long to keep him separate, maybe a month? You don't want to infect the rest of your flock. Good luck and maybe someone else here will chime in that has dealt with this before.

What is that brown/black thing on top of his beak? I am with the others, watch him for anymore symptoms. If he is eating and drinking, that's a good sign this is just an injury and the swelling should go down in a few days. There doesn't appear to be any discharge from the eye, so that is a good sign also. Good luck with him and keep us posted on how he is doing.

Thank you ..
I yesterday free ranged him a bit and he was better ..
roll.png

Then today his cage was in the sun light and he was recovering but yet the flock only had seen him once ...
I hope that he will be introduced to the flock in two or three days (if things go right)...
Will post pics

WHOA< Until you know what the swelling is a bout and WHAT IS THAT BROWN SCAB LOOKING THING ON HIS BEAK DO NOT introduce him to the rest of the flock! He needs to be separated UNTIL you can find out what is going on with him, please.

Back
Top Bottom