help!! my roosters comb is almost seethrough!

3 chicken farmers

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
grand junction
yesterday i noticed that 1 of my roosters combs was a light pink color and this morning it has almost no color at all! he doesnt seem to be sick he is still eating. could this be caused by lice i have been dusting and spraing but i still find them here and there
sad.png

im not at home to take a pic but i will after work! the low blood is what i was thinking thats why i thought maby it was lice / so i should check his poop at the vet how much do u think that will cost

Last edited:
Cayenne Pepper;

It`s a natural wormer. Mix it heavily with your feed to turn it rusty looking. Pepper in the front, worms run out the back. Chickens don`t have the heat resceptors like most critters, so they eat it up. Worms, on the other hand, heh, heh. You can still eat the eggs. Repeat in 10 days to get the new worms, then about every six months for mainainance. And don`t forget the second dose. Good luck........Pop

I've heard of cayenne pepper, but I have never used it. I do not worm my chickens; I do have a fecal done every so often, and it has never come back as them having a "load" of worms, so I have not wormed.

My avian vet, however, has always recommended that I work with
Ivermectin Eprinex (cattle wormer) once each 6 months. As I stated, I do not, as I've never had a heavy load. I personally don't know as I'd trust cayenne for a known heavy worm load, however. Perhaps the Eprinex as a one-time thing to make SURE you get rid of them all, and then maintenance each 6 months with Cayenne? I think that's probably what I'd opt to do, if I had a known heavy worm load.

Back
Top Bottom