Help! My silkie got her head pecked really badly!

I bought a purple fluid that stinks and will keep the big hens from pecking my silkies when I see missing fur. It also helps heal. It's in a dark bottle and you squeeze it out. I bought it at T Supply. I would tell you the name but I keep it in the coop on a window. I've watched them go after the injured bird then stop and back away because of the smell. I know the silkie doesn't like the smell either but she was better the next day.
Oh good to know! I'll look into that, thanks! Her and her sister are heartbroken being apart. They are the two new girls that we added to the flock this year. I put them together for 10 minutes today while I was sitting right by them, and they were so excited to be back together.

Oh good to know! I'll look into that, thanks! Her and her sister are heartbroken being apart. They are the two new girls that we added to the flock this year. I put them together for 10 minutes today while I was sitting right by them, and they were so excited to be back together
Awwwwwww.

I bought a purple fluid that stinks and will keep the big hens from pecking my silkies when I see missing fur. It also helps heal. It's in a dark bottle and you squeeze it out. I bought it at T Supply. I would tell you the name but I keep it in the coop on a window. I've watched them go after the injured bird then stop and back away because of the smell. I know the silkie doesn't like the smell either but she was better the next day.
I am dealing with the same although not this bad, do you put the fluid on the wound?

Thank you! She is inside and safe away from the flock. I also separated the other young silkie we have from the flock so that she didn't get picked on.
So happy she is doing well! I had the same thing happen as well two of my sikie hens got into it and one caused a peck injury to the others head although not has bad as yours. So so happy to hear that shes getting better!

How’s your girl? I recently found a hen with the same injury and I’m trying to figure out if I should stitch it.

Back
Top Bottom