Help Naming..

havi

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Waco, Texas
They are all female. I named one of the RIR's Rose b/c my fav book is Rose Madder by Stephen King.
big_smile.png

Here are some names I have so far:

Petie(yes, I know its a boys name)
Rose
Noodle

I have:
2 Rhode Island Reds
2 Buff Orpingtons
2 Ameraucana/EE?

Anyone else have any cute names?
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Lilly
Abagail
Gertrude
tongue.png

Misty
Lucy
lura
Chickens need old ladyish names, cause that is what they remind me of old ladies talking whenever they are doing their thing.
tongue.png

I like Rhodie for one of the RIRs

I had a RIR as a kid and his name was Rhodie.
big_smile.png

My 6 girls (1 week old) are named:

Maggie - NHR

Molly and Holly - Australorps

Lilly - Light Brahma

Sandy - Ameraucana

Speckles - SLW

Last edited:
Quote:
yeah, my mom seems to agree about the old lady names... Personally, I think chicks should get cute names, so that when they grow up and become less "cute", they will retain some of their cuteness from their names.

I also like themed names, so my four chicks are named after goddesses from various mythologies- Isis, Hecate, Demeter, Innana. Not the cutest names out there, but at least there's a theme.

hehe, we let the kids and grandkids name some of the chickens. Actually the grandkids all got a chick for Easter (but the chicks have to live with me!).
So:
Leghorns: SR-Bob, Ted and Purbil (grandsons chicks)
RIR's: pullets-Sweetcheeks and Alejandra
EE's: pullets- So far- Queen Bee, haven't named the others yet
Purbil (I love the creativity of that name) seems to be a cockerel, as at two weeks he is already getting a pink comb. Hope the others are girls..........

I love all the names, thanks for the help. I've been looking on google too. I've found some more:

Sadie(I really like)
Emma
Izzy
Artemis
Athena

I might wait till there a little older to really put the name with the chick. One of the EEer's looks like a little chipmunk. I've been trying to find something that will fit her.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom