Help! Nearly 5wk old Pekin Ducklings pecking at little wings!

Oh yes l agree they are far to beautiful to eat. Plus l wouldnt eat any of my pets lol. Actually sounds messed up, but l wont even eat my hens eggs lol! But eveyone else does.
They sorta eat from my hand and will come when l call them (well most the time) and if one starts nibbling ay hand l normally end up with all of them all over me. If l grabbed one and held it normally it stops wiggling and will sit still lol. But l really want them to be super friendly! :)
If you can get them to do that, I think that's a good as your going to get. Remember they aren't puppies they are prey for many predators so even though we have had them from hatch or a few days to weeks after they are always going to be leery it's in their DNA.That really sounds pretty friendly if you ask me.

I'm glad the little duckies are doing better. I have a pekin duck too and I love him very much. He has a problem with his hips and he is not able to run around with the other ducks but he is doing better.

I finally found someone who can't eat their chicken eggs either.
big_smile.png
I've had chickens for years but I can't bring myself to eat their eggs. I boil them and the ducks and chickens eat them so they don't go to waste.

Keep us posted how they are doing and have you given them names yet? My pekins name is Clyde.

Patty

Aww poor Clyde. Sounds like hes got a gpod Duck mummy thou. :)
Havent named my ones yet. One has a black feather on its lower back/tail and one has a really orange beak/bill.
Seems like they all healed well already you couldnt even tell what happend to.them. But one still had a scab on its wing. Ive been letting them out and stand out in the cold/rain to make sure they are safe. Just cant have power tools in the rain lol!
But yesterday while they were out and swimming in their container, one started picking at the one with the scab and made it bleed again! Argh!

Aww poor Clyde. Sounds like hes got a gpod Duck mummy thou. :)
Havent named my ones yet. One has a black feather on its lower back/tail and one has a really orange beak/bill.
Seems like they all healed well already you couldnt even tell what happend to.them. But one still had a scab on its wing. Ive been letting them out and stand out in the cold/rain to make sure they are safe. Just cant have power tools in the rain lol!
But yesterday while they were out and swimming in their container, one started picking at the one with the scab and made it bleed again! Argh!
Can you get a product called Blue Kote? might come under another name but it's a med with Gentian Violet in it and it is great for this kind of thing. It will hide and heal hide because it will cover the wound and with purple med. and heal because that is the other thing it does. I have used it on my chickens since they are notorious for going after anything red in an open wound etc.

Good news. The wound looks good again and no bleeding. No biting today yay! Im so happy. They spent all day pretty much out around the yard watching me fix up their sleeping box and finally moved into place. Got their bath on place now just need a ramp either side before l dare fill it for them. Just now need a door for it and then a wee fence to keep cats out of the main area.

Good news. The wound looks good again and no bleeding. No biting today yay! Im so happy. They spent all day pretty much out around the yard watching me fix up their sleeping box and finally moved into place. Got their bath on place now just need a ramp either side before l dare fill it for them. Just now need a door for it and then a wee fence to keep cats out of the main area.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom