HELP Need Advice! I NEED To Go Into Lock Down Early

yeah but they are still on the egg turner, so I have to handle them and put them in the Hova Bator! Then my mits are off!! LOL, they need to make a smilie of someone sitting on their hands. My temp in the Hova bater is approximately 95-96, humidity 80% I hate this thing when it comes to the temp, I haven't opened it at all in the last 24hrs and it's titering to 95-98, but isn't that the temp it needs to be after they hatch? LOL, my son has toy handcuffs, I'll tell him to cuff my hands behind my back!
gig.gif

Ok, so I don't get ahead of myself. This is what it looks like with what I'm seeing as an external pip. It looks like an X and one one of the sides it is raised up, and I swear I just heard it peep, hard to know for sure with the motor in the Genesis going. I'm scared to move them now but it has to be done because they can't hatch on the turner! Am I seeing and assuming right about the external pip??

Quote:
pretty much-if your afraid to open bator turn turner off:) unplug it. Your temps need to be 99.5-102 if you open bator one more time do it to pull turner and dont touch again...Im sure your hearing peeps if they are pipping. They NEED humidity to hatch out...

Ok, I don't know if I'm making myself clear, but I have 2 incubators going, 1 which is the Genesis that they've been in from day 1 of incubation, and the Hova Bator, in which I was planning on using as my hatchery. I got them close to each other so I won't be wasting precious minutes transferring, maybe 30 secs to a minute tops of exposure. The Hova Bator won't lose a lot of heat/humidity if I do it fast.

Lock down wasn't scheduled until tomorrow! But as I said, these 2 last night and this morning were looking pretty anxious to get out and see the world, and in 4hrs how fast the external pip came! As I said, it looks like an X, and one side of the shell is flaked up.
ya.gif
wee.gif
pop.gif

I'm really, really trying not to get to excited because last Friday my baby I lost peeped and rocked, I left for Conference 4hrs later and came home 24hrs later to a dead baby. But never did it break shell like this one who is peeping is beginning to do. The Hova Bators temp currently is 96, I wish it would make up it's mind, and the humidity is at 80%, and I can just make out a little bit of those eggs wiggling. I have the 2 very active optimisit ones up close towards the front so that when I look down from the 1st window I can watch their progression, and the other 3 that are questionable are near to the back. I have very good feeling about these 2, but again my gut is talking to me just like it did last week that these 3 won't make it. I shall see if my gut is right! I just might have babies by morning!!
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Citychicker is so right, and I know I told you not to candle all the time. I only candle once per week to weed out bad eggs, that is all that is needed. I do not use a light that produces heat, just a very bright LED flash light. I don't look for internal piping ever, but I have seen it when I did a quick candle before putting them into the hatcher. I do into lock down immediately when I see external piping. Otherwise I do it when my calendar tells me it is the day. I never sort out hatcher now or later on what I see in candling. They all go and some may need a day or two longer then the rest. Don't worry about the turning, because at this point their blood circular system is working quite nicely. There is no more risk of them binding to one side of the egg either, because they are fully developed.

I never take the eggs out of the turner for candling either. I just shine the light onto the wide end and look. No handling needed. Plus the natural fat on your hands clogs the pores of the egg, which means less air is getting in.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom