HELP! Need advice regarding shelf liner, on day 20

Oh no I'm sorry about the dropped egg, as long as the blood vessels aren't broken I think it still has a good chance! Even if some blood vessels did break as long as it wasn't very large vessels it might still do ok. When you have to do a full assist you usually remove a large section of the shell over the air cell so even if that is missing the baby will hopefully be ok. It's good that it's taped up though since it's in with the other eggs, once they start hatching it's important that it is protected, you could always make a small safety hole if the tape is in the way of where it might externally pip to make sure it gets enough oxygen after it internally pips. Good luck with that little one, I hope it hatches alright! :fl

And congratulations on the little one who made a pip, that is fantastic news, I was worried they were so late but maybe the temp was just a little low if you've got a first pip! :wee

Thanks so much for sticking with me! That baby is chirping fairly regularly but no more pips or zips. I hope my injured egg makes it too. Do you think I should increase the temp at all on the first group?

I'm happy to help, I know how stressful hatching can be!

I don't think you need to raise the temperature, some people lower temps by a degree for lockdown and find it makes it easier on the hatching chicks. I'm guessing your temperature was just a degree or two off since the little ones survived to lockdown.

I'd definitely think about getting a thermometer or two and calibrating it/them to find out what temperature that incubator is running so you can adjust it for next time you incubate in it though. :)

Wha
Thanks so much for sticking with me! That baby is chirping fairly regularly but no more pips or zips. I hope my injured egg makes it too. Do you think I should increase the temp at all on the first group?
what L said. Go ahead and leave it.

Last edited:
I missed the pip part. Congratulations. I’m so happy!! So there is hope for the others also. Maybe them hearing the chirping you will get more pips. So excited for you!!

Thanks so much! I am thinking maybe the temp may be off just so slightly -enough to make it a late hatch.

that is what it sounds like to me also. I had to up my 360 .5 d to get it to 99.5

I used an old fashioned aquarium thermometer as I didn't trust the digital. I wish some of the other eggs would pip. I would feel so much better. It keeps chirping from time to time but no more progress.

Hi - was wondering how your hatches were going. I’m on my first hatch, also using a NR360. I’m on day 9. I thought I was on day 10, but was reading another post about the day you put the eggs in the incubator it should really be counted as Day 0. My due date will be the 25th now. I’m hoping you have more progress but I’m feeling concerned since you haven’t posted.

Two babies at 5 am! And one more zipping! WHOOPEEEEEEEEE!!!!:love:love:love:woot:woot:woot:wee:wee:wee

Attachments

• 60456299_329470751013895_7707314152632483840_n.jpg
    60456299_329470751013895_7707314152632483840_n.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom