HELP! Need advice regarding shelf liner, on day 20

I was looking at your picture very closely and the egg to the left of the one pipping, to the left of the chick, looks like it has its first external pip too! Congratulations!!!!!

Three babies and waiting for more! They look quite active and healthy! I was worried for nothing about the liner. They have managed to roll all the other eggs to the side of the window, LOL! Thanks everyone for sticking with me! I will post more pics later today :)

Do the eggs roll over in the process or do they stay the same side up as you put them? I have an egg where the air cell was firmly attached to the side, and it has never moved even though I set it upright for the first few days. I’m trying to figure out what to do with that critter.

I really can’t wait to see all those new babies!!

Thank you for all of your help! So far 16 made it out which seems pretty good out of 24 shipped eggs! Some were removed for blood rings and a few infertile. I moved the babies after I was sure nothing else was pipped or moving. I found one dead chick stuck in their egg. I had started to zip, but quit. It really had a pretty hard shell and filled almost the entire egg! I have one left in the bator that is chirping but no pips. Two eggs seem to have had bleeds. Got my fingers crossed for the last one. Since it was chirping earlier, I figure I will keep the bator closed. I am hoping I don't have to assist it.
IMG_5990 3.jpg

Do the eggs roll over in the process or do they stay the same side up as you put them? I have an egg where the air cell was firmly attached to the side, and it has never moved even though I set it upright for the first few days. I’m trying to figure out what to do with that critter.

I really can’t wait to see all those new babies!!

Well, they start off where you put them, but the babies take care of that rather quickly and it's rocking and rolling inside!

Congratulations on the babies that made it out so far, 16/24 is a great hatch rate for shipped eggs, the babies are adorable!!! :highfive::wee

I hope the little ones who aren't hatched but are still hanging in there make it out for you, sorry about the one little one who wasn't able to make it out. :hugs

Congratulations on the babies that made it out so far, 16/24 is a great hatch rate for shipped eggs, the babies are adorable!!! :highfive::wee

I hope the little ones who aren't hatched but are still hanging in there make it out for you, sorry about the one little one who wasn't able to make it out. :hugs

THANKS!!! I will keep y'all posted! :love

Some of every color, so cute!! My fingers crossed for the last few! Incredible to have 16/24 on shipped! Scares me a lot because I started with 22 shipped, from 3 different sources, more than I wanted but they all added extra and I had to get the bigger incubator. I was counting on a 66% failure of the 9 I wanted, so I would get about 3 chicks. Oh my if mine were to hatch that many out, I’ll be living in a shoe!! LOL. Great job!!

Some of every color, so cute!! My fingers crossed for the last few! Incredible to have 16/24 on shipped! Scares me a lot because I started with 22 shipped, from 3 different sources, more than I wanted but they all added extra and I had to get the bigger incubator. I was counting on a 66% failure of the 9 I wanted, so I would get about 3 chicks. Oh my if mine were to hatch that many out, I’ll be living in a shoe!! LOL. Great job!!

I'm doing everything I can not to open that bator! And, I do hear you about living in a shoe, lol! I do this this incubator did its job though ;)

Thank you for all of your help! So far 16 made it out which seems pretty good out of 24 shipped eggs! Some were removed for blood rings and a few infertile. I moved the babies after I was sure nothing else was pipped or moving. I found one dead chick stuck in their egg. I had started to zip, but quit. It really had a pretty hard shell and filled almost the entire egg! I have one left in the bator that is chirping but no pips. Two eggs seem to have had bleeds. Got my fingers crossed for the last one. Since it was chirping earlier, I figure I will keep the bator closed. I am hoping I don't have to assist it.View attachment 1776573

Congratulations on your little peeps! I wish I had come across your post sooner. The first time I hatched chicks I calculated my hatch date wrong, not sure if that happened to you too but you actually start counting AFTER 24hours have passed, that's day 1. I initially said "day 1" was the day I set my eggs and also panicked when nothing happened on day 21. Fortunately since you set the Nurture Right with "days til hatch" it is a good gauge to remind you if you're panicking early or if the chicks are hatching late, lol.

Back
Top Bottom