Help! Need chickies

Great to hear. I hope we get some soon :) have you personally had chicks come in in two separate dates and if so did you keep them separate from the ones that came first or did you put them all right in together? I see a few types that I could order from there but they come weeks apart. I feel that complicates things. This is my first time getting chickens and I've done a lot or research but none on that because I expected to get them all on the same day.
Last summer I ended up with chicks that were 3 weeks apart. I let the small chicks have the big brooder first, and moved the older chicks in one by one, and surprisingly there were no problems at all! How far apart are the dates you are looking for?

Your other option is to order whichever week has the most, and then next year add the ones you didnt get this time….you will want more! 😂

I also think raising the chicks makes them friendlier, especially with kids, so if it were me I would go with the day-olds. Let us know what you decide!

Great. That's what I was actually on. Where did you say you have an order in this year again?
I ordered from them last year. I have a rooster coming from cacklehatchery this year. Here are my Mt Healthy ladies.
20230308_151214.jpg 20230209_140931.jpg 20230214_174956.jpg 20230222_110759.jpg

Last summer I ended up with chicks that were 3 weeks apart. I let the small chicks have the big brooder first, and moved the older chicks in one by one, and surprisingly there were no problems at all! How far apart are the dates you are looking for?

Your other option is to order whichever week has the most, and then next year add the ones you didnt get this time….you will want more! 😂

I also think raising the chicks makes them friendlier, especially with kids, so if it were me I would go with the day-olds. Let us know what you decide!
Update! We found someone local selling fertile eggs and bought a nurture right 360 incubator! Wish us luck! Lol

Back
Top Bottom