Help! Need Corrid dose for 1quart waterer, and Cocci questions.

MAchicken105

Songster
5 Years
Apr 2, 2017
MA
My Coop
My Coop
I have found countless posts converting 20% Corrid powder dosage into many sized water containers except quarts. I'm obviously no mathematician, can someone please tell me the correct powder dosage for a 1qt waterer? Chicks are 11 weeks old, one has bloody stool, all are puffed out, 2 will periodically open mouth breath, all 3 are still eating and drinking, all are lethargic and one is especially weak. Sounds like I need to do a 2 week run of corrid for Cocci, agree, disagree?

Also, should I be giving them yogurt or anything else supplemental? From what I understand, the corrid water should be their only source of water. So I'm curious if I can add electrolytes/vitamins, or probiotics in with the corrid?

Many thanks.

I also separated the especially weak one, was this the right move? He is still eating and drinking, but wants to lay down puffed out mostly. The other 2 are less weak but will sporadically open mouth breath with wings spread. I gave them a very low fan, it's 85 degrees today. Good move?

Also should mention, I have Tylan50 powder arriving Monday. The open mouth breathing had me concerned. Would it be harmful to treat for both at the same time in their water? My instincts say no, but what do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom