Help! Need pictures of cute coops to share with city council.

30246_dsc04420.jpg

My neighbors own nearly ten acres with no existing buildings or house on their land and they like it so much they planted five trees directly behind it! LOL! Now my coop will have shade! Gonna have to send a Thank You note along with their Christmas Card!

Last edited:
Some very beautiful coops here!! . . . . I think mine is the ugliest and biggest coop I've seen so far.
gig.gif

My neighbors were a little worried about me having chicken until they saw the coop. Now they are fine with it and even like the egg song!

47742_007.jpg

Good luck fighting the good fight! I think the smaller, cute, totally enclosed/contained coops would be your best presentation for a council. But as others have mentioned, a coop can simply be a coverted shed, which MANY backyards in the suburbs have anyway. Ours is more a shed style...
37862_nov_13_018.jpg

Are those saying their home value are going to drop basing that on the appearance of the coops only? Honestly, my concerns would be noise, sanitation, and containment over appearance which to me are the same concerns I have for any neighboring household pet. Does your town have codes in place to address out-buildings, sheds, garages, etc.? Investigate the applicability of those to chicken coops. My guess is they can.

Back
Top Bottom