Help!!! Need to know how long eggs can survive

Opiumbrella

Songster
Jul 30, 2021
Had someone accidentally take the eggs from the hatching mom. They were on the table in the house for around 8 hours. The house was around 70. They are on day 19. Did my babies freeze to death? How can I know if they are alive?

Thanks, hoping they are ok. Poor babies.
Yeah they should be fine. I had a similar situation and I did a lot of research as I was worried, I read stories about eggs going a few days without heat and still somehow hatching. I think the eggs are more resilient then we sometimes think. The hatch will most likely be delayed though. Let us know how it goes, good luck 🙂

By 19 days the embryos are generating a lot of heat themselves. That was not a good thing to happen but it's probably not a disaster. My story is I had a hen off the eggs long enough for them to become cold to the touch, not sure how long but several hours. She still hatched 11 chicks out of 11 eggs. Those chicks were not delayed either. They still hatched early.

Let us know how it goes.

Yeah they should be fine. I had a similar situation and I did a lot of research as I was worried, I read stories about eggs going a few days without heat and still somehow hatching. I think the eggs are more resilient then we sometimes think. The hatch will most likely be delayed though. Let us know how it goes, good luck 🙂
Will do. Currently waiting for hatch <3

By 19 days the embryos are generating a lot of heat themselves. That was not a good thing to happen but it's probably not a disaster. My story is I had a hen off the eggs long enough for them to become cold to the touch, not sure how long but several hours. She still hatched 11 chicks out of 11 eggs. Those chicks were not delayed either. They still hatched early.

Let us know how it goes.
Will do!! Thanks for the reassurance.

Back
Top Bottom