Help: need treatment for a bill injury

AmieD

Chirping
Jul 19, 2016
Hello wise duck owners, My pekin duck appears to have been attacked. I found her covered in dried blood with part of her bill almost torn off. I brought her inside to bathe her and to look for other injuries. I only see the damaged bill. There is a large scrape down one side and a piece of it appears to have been almost ripped off. It is hanging down and almost completely off. I am quite fond of my ducky. She is a wry-neck survivor and we put a lot of care into her. I would take her to my vet but I doubt they will be open until Thursday due to their schedule and the holiday. Does anyone have any at home treatment suggestions? Is there anything I can do for her bill? I did put electrolytes in her water and I have her inside. She has been drinking but I haven't seen her eat yet. Thanks for any suggestions!

Thank you for the suggestions. I did some quick research about medical glue and her tear to the bill is jagged so I don't think that would work. I am so glad you mentioned antibiotics. I have some from Tractor Supply that I had purchased for some sick chicks a few months ago. I added the antibiotics to her water.
Medical glue may work you'll have to find it though. Can you post some pictures . I think a vet visit will be best she may need an antibiotic.

@Ravynscroft

@casportpony

Back
Top Bottom