Help needed, 2nd attempt hatching chicken eggs

If you are looking for a cheap incubator, I would not pay less than $55, and this incubator is on Amazon.com for $65, but it is still very cheap compared to other incubators. It has given me two hatches, one I got 10 of 15, and the other I got 6 of 12. This time I am going to hatch Japanese quail, and on day 5, I am already seeing veins in the eggs! It has served me well, and I think it would be good for you.
I have tried finding this type of incubator but unable to find it in this price range in UK Amazin. All here dont have Humidity control/display. Please suggest any other. The only one i could find was on Aliexpress.

Attachments

• IMG_2887.png
    IMG_2887.png
    523 KB · Views: 4
If you are looking for a cheap incubator, I would not pay less than $55, and this incubator is on Amazon.com for $65, but it is still very cheap compared to other incubators. It has given me two hatches, one I got 10 of 15, and the other I got 6 of 12. This time I am going to hatch Japanese quail, and on day 5, I am already seeing veins in the eggs! It has served me well, and I think it would be good for you.
Found one on Amazon please suggest if it is ok?

Attachments

• IMG_2889.png
    IMG_2889.png
    752 KB · Views: 3
When i was kid we use to live in village in Pakistan. At that time our parents use make a small bed under our big bed for chicken/hen to sit on eggs and we use to feed her there and use to examine the whole process till the chicks hatching out… i told this to my little daughter and now we both want to have chicks :)

Unfortunately our first try was not good as in my first thread on this website. Now i want to go for 2nd attempt.

I bought mini incubator and got 6 eggs from a farm online. I put 4 eggs to incubate and only two were fertile. But both didn’t make it.

Now i need help to know if i am doing all the things right? Please suggest if some humidifier checker. Because my incubator has no humidifier indicator.

I also put analog thermometer in there to confirm that this incubator temp is right.
I am sorry about your attempts. We had the same experience our first time. I do love your childhood story. How wonderful.

I will keep everyone posted every big step and also i will need help while setting it up coz it days it has auto water input system
I have only used styrofoam incubators. I recommend that you check You Tube for the incubator you are purchasing and see if there are any videos on it. I so hope it goes well for you this time around.

I have ANOTHER small clutch of eggs hatching right now in this model.
IMG_0586.jpeg

I do like it. Works well for me.

I also have the larger Farm Innovators Incubators (styrofoam) that I use mainly as hatchers.
IMG_0588.jpeg

I buy multi-packs of thermometers/hygrometers, like these. I place them around the incubator floor.
IMG_0587.jpeg

As soon as you have your new incubator, etc, reach out to the BYC community again to help you set everything up. Do this BEFORE you purchase your eggs, so the incubator is ready for them. You’ll also want to let the eggs sit in a carton, pointy side down, for a day to let the air cells settle.

We all use different types/brands of incubators. I also have other types of incubators, that I didn’t even include in this post. Just make sure the one you choose is highly rated, and read the reviews. I want to see you and your daughter have a successful hatch, so don’t forget to reach out for any advice. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom