Help Needed fast

Ok, this is what i did when this happened to me,
take the water away tonight.
tomorow morning see how it is,
put apple cider viniger in her water, let her drink a bit then take it away. do this through out the day, you will need to do this for about 3 days or so. make sure she eats normally.
it should go down.

This helped with my little guy, and his chest went to normall size.

Last edited:
If you dont see an approvment in at least 3 days maybe even 2 days, then start her on sulmet in case something else is going on with her.

palaptate means to feel, moving your fingers around gently. Is the enlarged breast tight and hot, like there is an infection in it? Is there a wound? Scary, I hope we can figure this out for you. can you take a pic?

i'll take a pic tomarrow when it's daylight. thanks for trying to help me everyone. say a little prayer for us.
Quote:

There is no need to panic. As stated before, you need to take food away and check it in the morning. A full crop(the bump on her chest) should go down by morning. Before you do anything, you need to figure out if there really is a problem. There is nothing to do until then. Every new chicken owner goes through this.

I am sending prayers to you and your little hen, hope she will be ok. i am sure she will be.
keep her warm too. when sick birds get the smallest chill, that makes them worse. so keep her warm.

Back
Top Bottom