Help needed: How can I produce a lavender color?

mmmyyykkkeee

Songster
8 Years
Jan 16, 2015
Hello everyone. I have wanting to produce a lavender or lavender mottled Serama and I want to seek your help and guidance.
1. There are 2 different breeds in my flock. Serama and chabo.
2. I have some lavender mottled chabo hens and roosters.
3. My Seramas are buff, black, and black mottled.

My question is, which color should I cross with my Lavender mottled chabo to produce lavender or lavender mottled serama? I understand that this will be a long process but I am willing to wait. I know there arr a lot of users here who are very knowledgeable on colors and genetics.

Ps. My lavender mottled roosters are short legs and I have 1 lavender mottled hen chabo that is long legs. Thanks in advance.

Lavender mottled x black mottled will give you all black mottled carrying lavender, all you have to do from there is cross back to lavender mottled and/or cross the offspring together

Last edited:
Lavender mottled x black mottled will give you all black mottled carrying lavender, all you have to do from there is cross back to lavender mottled and/or cross the offspring together
The lavender mottled is a chabo male and the black mottled is a serama hen. How many generations before their offsprings become full blooded serama? Thanks.

5-7
Since chicken breeds are defined by their phenotype and ability to breed true, not necessarily their pedigree, it might take shorter, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom