Help needed. My Quail are dying.

Should be the same feed
smile.png
Good Luck!

Update: I got some different feed, they call it Groei Meel, I think it is the equivalent to growers mash. I also got some rearing feed. They are no name brand packets of feed, and nowhere is there any nutritional information, but it was suggested to me by someone who breeds singing quail in my area.
It looks promising and they seemed to like it.
Unfortunately it must of been too late for two of them and now I only have 4 left
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
th.gif
th.gif

Quite depressing.
hit.gif

Neb

How awful for you to loose them one at a time like that
hugs.gif

fl.gif
the rest of them make it!

This sounds more like a brooder related die off, not a feed issue to me. Sorry for any and all of your losses, but the daily die off is (IMHO) due to brooder setup. Incorrect temp settings (Most likely treating a brooder like an incubator), improper water points..(Chicks getting wet), or improper bedding are the first 3 that spring to my mind.

Quote:
I thought it was East Asian Jungle Rot, but I'm more of a mechanic, rather than a doctor. I know it's easier to find some funky disease to explain things, but most often it is mechanics..."Newbieitous" if you will
big_smile.png

It's tragic, and painful to watch, but sometimes it's the best explanation for what has gone wrong. All the classic symptoms are there.

Back
Top Bottom