Help needed please!! I just bought an incubator!

crystalmcnutt

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 23, 2012
I just bought this incubator at a yard sale and I turned it on and the temp is all the way to 110. I am not familiar with this type of incubator but I thought for $5.00 I would give it a shot! I tried googling it and I can’t really find anything on it. It is a marsh x incubator with a turner. So my questions are is it supposed to have a wafer? The dial I think regulates the temp doesn’t touch anything so any help would be great. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 10
image.jpg

This is the heating element in red.
The power for the heating element is the white and blue lines. One of those wires should go back to some kind of thermostat. It may not be a wafer but could be smaller made with a bimetal disc in it like a water heater thermostat.

One of the two things circled in green could be the thermostat. I cant tell from the pictures.

I don't know what that is. If I was guessing, it would have to be a thermostat of some kind since it has little vent holes around it. It probably either has a bimetal disc or a bimetal spring like the old analog home thermostats. It probably has a bigger temperature swing than what you want anyways.

If you wanted to rewire it, you could use an Inkbird ITC-1000 temp controller. If the heating element and fans works.

Nice find. That looks very similar. It looks like there were 3 different thermostats used in those things. It also had an overtemp thermostat, which I think that is what your picture is. I guess your main thermostat is missing.

Thank all of y’all! Yes everything works in this unit except for the ability to control the temp. So I might upgrade the temp controller.

Back
Top Bottom