Help needed pricing my girls, I sadly must rehome my entire flock. 🙏😞

Thank you all! The crossbeak I'd planned on throwing in for free to a good home, so far I've sold two for $50 each to someone who's already purchased and loved my birds! (The Mottled Java + a very friendly Barred Rock) She even offered to pay for gas....😳 That was awesome, but I'm more realistic about the rest! The "original 5" including my rooster, and one older hen need to go together. I plan to offer them for free, along with a couple of the younger girls to sweeten the deal, to a "no-kill forever home." The others, especially the Silver Splash and the rare breeds I'll start at $30
Thank you again!!

Thank you all! The crossbeak I'd planned on throwing in for free to a good home, so far I've sold two for $50 each to someone who's already purchased and loved my birds! (The Mottled Java + a very friendly Barred Rock) She even offered to pay for gas....😳 That was awesome, but I'm more realistic about the rest! The "original 5" including my rooster, and one older hen need to go together. I plan to offer them for free, along with a couple of the younger girls to sweeten the deal, to a "no-kill forever home." The others, especially the Silver Splash and the rare breeds I'll start at $30
Thank you again!!
Great news that you were able to sell some of your birds already. 😊
Honestly I would not offer them for free, unless you really have to. Even a minimal amount will weed out the crazies and folks who will not appreciate them. This has been my experience unfortunately.

I do!! She's a Gold Laced Wyandotte pullet, not even a year old. She's incredibly friendly, we call her "Pettin' Cicken"! She can eat surprisingly well, but I do give all of them a warm mash each day.
Another BIG reason, is that right I'm splitting up with my partner of over five years, and I just don't have the "marbles" to care for much past myself, my dog, and my son. ♥️
Aw, I so wish I could take her, but I have a feeling my parents would say no as I already have three cross beaks. She really is a cutie!:love

Aw, I so wish I could take her, but I have a feeling my parents would say no as I already have three cross beaks. She really is a cutie!:love
She's always been "the personality" out of the batch! Curious and kind. And strangely not at the bottom of the pecking order. 🤔 No worries! Thank you for loving my sweet girl,q my sweet special needs chicken. ♥️

I'm in Northern California. I'd be happy to take your cross beak girl if I weren't quote so far.

What part of Oregon are you in? It's about 8 hrs from here to Portland. If you are really desperate, we could meet halfway - lol!

Craigslist here in Oregon is no help, I'm looking for individual chicken values, no coop, and no supplies. @casportpony @Eggcessive at...oh dear. Who on here is good with pricing different breeds/some rare colors, all under a year. Anyone..?
My flock now consists of... I'll list them all later! The two I need help with pricing are healthy, friendly and laying well, a Barred Rock and a Mottled Java. Both will turn one year this Valentine's day. Thank you!
Ok, those girls sold for $100 delivered (to a previous client). Now, I'm wondering about a truly stunning Silver Splash Easter Egger, and a beautiful pale, pale Blue Wheaten Easter Egger. Those colors seem....rare? Any help on price? My birds are all organic, friendly, easily handled, and healthy. (For now! They need to be somewhere better, soon 🙏♥️)

Back
Top Bottom