Help needed - these chicks are NOT welsummers... so what I'm the world are they?!

roseapalooza

Chirping
Jul 26, 2017
I bought half a dozen fertile eggs to put under my lavender pekin, I asked for 3 vorwerk and 3 welsummer. She gave me an extra egg as one of the "welsummers" was very large, not ideal but ok. The eggs were mid brown and heavily speckled, average size, light for a supposed welsummer but it is mid summer here. Well, hatch day comes and goes and I find that all of the vorwerk were infertile, as were 2 of the "welsummer". And what I had were 2 black chicks!!!! I think 1 is a bantam australorp, the other I have no clue! It's black with a cream butt, black legs and beak and a slight cream patch on its chest. It looks like possibly a cuckoo marans but with black legs?? The woman sells "Australorp, Welsummer, Araucana, Cuckoo Marans and Black Copper Marans" but when I explained what had happened and asked for help identifying the chick she called me a stupid woman and a drama queen and that was that!!!! I'd love help identifying it but I'm thinking it may well be just a random mix🙄🙄 Any help much appreciated!

1st image mystery chick behind supposed australorp.

2nd and 3rd images mystery chick!
20220109_103244.jpg
20220109_103641.jpg
20220109_103652.jpg

If you bought them via an online platform, you should complain there. Trading standards apply to online sellers too.
It was just from gumtree (like Craigslist if you're not Australian!), I've reported her ad but there's not much more I can do.

Back
Top Bottom