HELP needed with breeding budgies( My budgies won't breed after many months!!!) Im dissapointed and exausted of waiting.

It can't be seen really on photo, here is one of all 2 pairs.View attachment 3186286
Do you have pictures of your nest boxes? While I can’t get mine to stop breeding/hatching now, it was a bit more difficult in the beginning and they are still kinda picky over the nest boxes. Initial breeding/hatching started in August after having them together for 4-6 months. The original group was 2 males and 1 female and one of the males was younger because his colors did not show up until he paired the next year. Both my original males have been killed as new males mature and take over. Part of the risks of colony breeding

Last edited:
Could be that they are same sex. Boys will bond with boys, and so on. But if you have a solid box that’s easy to access, no crazy jealous other hen, she will lay when she’s ready. Cutie pies you have there!

Parakeets are colony breeders. They breed in large groups. Single pairs are less likely to breed. To encourage breeding you can play recordings of other parakeets. You can find the recordings on youtube. The birds will think there are other birds in the area and will be more likely to get into the mood.
Tried it every day, even now its playing but nothing, they just kiss and feed but female never enters nest box

What was the age of your previous pair? My first pair of budgies laid after 9 (!!) months of being together just because they were young. If these ones are young too, they wont breed. 10 month+ budgies can breed properly. Also are you sure they are male and female? And are they facing any threats? (like a cat or dog, even if they can't do anything, the budgies WILL be stressed for them and may choose not to breed).
First pair is currently around 1.4-5 months old, other one is older than 9-10 months. I know they shouldn't be bred before 1 but I know they can. They aren't facing any threads and first pair is tame.

First pair is currently around 1.4-5 months old, other one is older than 9-10 months. I know they shouldn't be bred before 1 but I know they can. They aren't facing any threads and first pair is tame.
Is a clearer pic of the entire set up with close up pics of the birds possible?

They look fine but the female looks a bit young I think? Or maybe it's just sleeping
It can't be seen really on photo, here is one of all 2 pairs.
20220711_132420.jpg

Back
Top Bottom