HELP needed with breeding budgies( My budgies won't breed after many months!!!) Im dissapointed and exausted of waiting.

Separate the sexes for a few days then re add...for me makes my males a little pent up and will mate within minutes if hens in condition doesnt matter which male or female they do not mate for like

First pair is currently around 1.4-5 months old, other one is older than 9-10 months. I know they shouldn't be bred before 1 but I know they can. They aren't facing any threads and first pair is tame.
Budgies shouldn't breed until over a year. Even IF they are wanting to, which they probably won't, it can cause issues with your hen and they are less likely to succeasfully raise chicks. I have a lot of experience with breeding budgies, cockatiels and lovebirds. They will breed if and when they feel like it and if you want them to go in the nest be patient, it can take a long time. Yes they are colony birds but breeding in a colony setting has its own risks.

It can't be seen really on photo, here is one of all 2 pairs.View attachment 3186286
Do you have pictures of your nest boxes? While I can’t get mine to stop breeding/hatching now, it was a bit more difficult in the beginning and they are still kinda picky over the nest boxes. Initial breeding/hatching started in August after having them together for 4-6 months. The original group was 2 males and 1 female and one of the males was younger because his colors did not show up until he paired the next year. Both my original males have been killed as new males mature and take over. Part of the risks of colony breeding

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom